Sunday, January 5, 2014

And the blogging journey begins...

Well, I've decided it's time to jump in with both feet into the blogging world.  I guess I have been dangling my toes from the side long enough.  I'm a little (okay, a lot!) embarrassed to say how long it has taken me to finally write my first post.  I joined Blogger in 2009 and did nothing with it except follow the many wonderful blogs out there and dream about my own personal blog.  I became a blogger...but only in my head.  I would create blog posts in my mind for my nonexistent blog and even take classroom pictures that would be perfect to post...if only my blog were real!  In 2013, I finally created a real blog with a name and everything (baby steps, people). I played around and figured out how to create my blog header and background. I visited my blog many times, but did I begin posting? no.  I had every intention of starting this blog in August, but life (work) got in the way and my poor little blank blog just sat here neglected.

My 2014 resolution is to complete things that I have started, and blogging sits at the top of that list.  So here I sit, on my final day of winter break, and I know that if I don't begin today, I will let the rest of the school year go by without paying any attention to this poor little blog.  So my 'real' blogging journey officially begins today and I can only hope that it is as easy as my 'pretend' blogging has been over the past few years.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging. You will love it! It's quite addicting. =)

    I am your newest Blog Lovin follower. Drop by!

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I definitely can see how it is addicting. I have wanted to do this for years so I am super excited to finally have my blog active! By the way, I have been stalking your blog for awhile and actually have you pinned to my "Favorite classroom blogs" board on Pinterest!

      Delete
  2. Your blog is super cute!! Great job with adding that button over there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your tutorial worked like a charm. I wish I stumbled upon it first. It would have saved me 2 whole days of trying different tutorials and obsessing over the fact that it wasn't working!!!

      Delete