Monday, January 20, 2014

Blogging is bringing out my OCD!

One of these days I will be done "creating" my blog and ready to post and share. I think it would have been so much easier to buy a template from one of the fabulous blog designers out there, but I thought it would be "fun" to create my own.  Originally, I just created images in photoshop and uploaded them to my blog template. But every time I visited other blogs, I liked mine less and less.
This is what my blog looked like 2 weeks ago (sorry for the poor picture quality!)


So I decided to try to make a few changes to make it more professional looking and less "scrapbooky". Knowing nothing about blog design, I have spent countless hours watching tutorials and scouring websites for help and answers.  I think I am done (at least for now).  I'm learning how OCD I am with this because I even needed to add social media icons to link to my facebook and instagram pages, even though I have nothing posted to either sites.  Maybe I'll have time to post to facebook and insta now that the designing is done. I might even get around to posting pictures and stories about things that are happening in my classroom!

3 comments:

  1. I Volunteer to be your first blog make over when you TOO go into business doing it! I absolutely adore your stuff! Glad you've joined the bloggy world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to go into blog design business but I'll let you know if I ever try my hand at designing any blogs other than my own. Right now I am determined to get more clipart packages finished and posted on teachers pay teachers! I need there to be more hours in the day!!!

      Delete
  2. Stacey-I can TOTALLY relate! My very first post (not too long ago) was all about designing my own blog and having no idea what html means or how to make clipart. Your blog design is adorable! Keep it up! I'm your newest follower!

    :) Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete